Domifare – still a rough draft

Today’s diff. Everything compiles, but most things aren’t tested!

Today, I wrote the functions for most of the language structures, except the scheduling ones. And the shaking one, which I’ve just realised I’ve forgotten to include! For the variable classes, I am borrowing a lot of code from DubInstrument in AlgoRLib. Probably, this project and that should be folded into one repo or one should directly depend on the other.

For DubInstruments, asking for a random pattern can trigger the creation of a new one, but not here, as all patterns are entered by the performer.

I need some GUI, including sliders for thresholds and a text print out of entered stuff. Ideally, there should also be a record light for when the performer is entering loops.

As far as shaking goes, that’s sort of straight forward for the rhythm lines. For the melody lines, I might be looking at BufferTool. It’s designed to split up spoken text rather than played notes and relies on pauses. Another possibility is to keep onset data for melodic loops and use it to decide where cuts should be. I’ll need another trigger that gets sent by the recording synthdef when it’s gate opens, so I can relate the onset timings to the position in the buffer.

Tomorrow my wife is having a party and I’m doing marking on Monday and Tuesday, so it might be a few days before I can test properly.

Published by

Charles Céleste Hutchins

Supercolliding since 2003

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *