When you commission me to write a piece, of music, you essentially pay me to write one minute of noise music. After I write it, you get to come up with the title. You are then a patron of the arts, causing new art works to come into being!
Afterwards, you get a copy of the music, which you are free to share with friends (under the terms of a Share Music License). I retain copyright of the work.
This makes a great gift – you can title the work to honour the recipient, or have a dedication attached. Your friend gets a copy of the piece of music and has their name tied to the music. So If you title the piece, say, ‘Happy Birthday to Susan Jones’, that would be attached to the music as the title, whenever anybody listened to it. (If Susan Jones feels overwhelmed by this, it can be re-titled.)
And I will do my best to try to make sure that people do listen, by posting it to my website and eventually compiling all the commissions into an album and publishing it.
Let’s say you decide to do this, how would it work?
- If your delivery date is less than two weeks away, please contact me before ordering. Depending on my schedule, etc, I will probably be able to accommodate you, but it’s a good idea to make sure!
- You would then order the commission and I would get to work making it. Do you want a physical CD posted to you or not? When you order, check that you’ve picked the right item in the shop. One comes with a CD. The other doesn’t.
- Within a few days, I will send you via email a link to a high quality audio file.
- After you listen to the file and decide on a tile, you would send me back the title and dedication.
- If you ordered a physical CD, I would then post it to you via first or second class post.
- If you would like an MP3 with the correct metadata (including title, etc), I can send that to you via email.
- I normally would then post the MP3 online to my website. However, if this is a gift, I’m happy to hold off until after you give the person a file or disk. Or post it right away so you can link them to the site. Whichever works best for you!
Who might this make a good gift for?
- Busy Professionals
- Music students or people interested in sound design or studio techniques
- People with allergies
- Music lovers
- Folks who are hard to shop for
- Everyone on your list!
Do people really like this?
All my customers have been happy so far!
Will it arrive in time for Christmas or Hanukkah?
Yes, if you order soon!
Music commissions make great gifts. Order now for this holiday season!